God’s primary reason for creating man is that man can use his whole existence to seek, long and to chase after Him. He clearly stated this while man was still conceived in His mind and yet to be formed. ‘Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” ‘(Gen 1:26).
The word “Chaser” literally means a person who is pursuing and trying to overtake or capture something or someone. In other words, a chaser is someone running towards a goal with a strong feelings or determination to catch up with it.
The scriptures clearly reflect the intention of God for creating human; that they may be His own Image. The Hebrew word for image is “tselem” which is derived from a shorter Hebrew word, “tzel” meaning “Shadow”
A human being is nothing less than the image (tzelem) of God because in many ways he/she wondrously reflects/ shadows God’s perfection and beauty.
Another intriguing way in which we can see this connection is reflected in name “Bezaleel.” Literally, Bezaleel (Betzalel) means “in the shadow of God”. He was a person appointed by God to create the Tabernacle and all its furnishings (Ex.31). The Tabernacle and everything inside it allowed the Ancient Israelites to approach God in order to worship
Do you see the connection? When the beams of light fall upon anything, a shadow (tzel) appears next to it, a shadow always chase after its original image. Man is made to chase after God’s desires.
WHO THEN IS A GOD CHASER?
God chaser is therefore a man who has voluntarily yielded, submitted and surrendered his life in entirety to passionately seek, long, and run after the wills, the desires and ways of God in making His Kingdom to be established on earth (2Chronicle 16:9).
WHO/WHAT DO YOU CHASE AFTER?
So many people in the world have lost the sight of the reason for their existence, they spend the entirety of their lives chasing to become like their self-made portraits they painted of who a man should be. They have neglected the pursuit of God for mundane things of this world. Just like Demas(1Tim 4:10) – They have replaced their desires with that of the world, pleasures and the flesh.
Chasing after something cannot be possible without desire, one can only run after what he strongly desires, you have to understand and engage these divine tools in your race to having the likeness of your maker.
- Light: Shadow can only be seen following after the image, without the light shadow cannot be seen. No man can know his area of relevance in kingdom advancement without the Light of God (Isaiah 60:1,John 1:4).
- Total Surrender: Truly God is looking for people to run after his desire(Isaiah 6:8) but he will not force humanity to chase after him(Eze 22:30), God is looking for the generation that will lay down his ambition to pursue the purpose of God, total surrender is one of the prerequisite for chasing after God (Mat 4:19).
- Hunger: God chasers are people of hunger; provision only comes when there is a demand (Mat 5:6).
- Waiting: Preparation and patience is the output of waiting, preparation is a basic demand (Rom 8:18-19,Act 1:4)
- Focus: God chasersare solely focused on the one activity that you are trying to complete. Anything else is unimportant so you shut out all distractions and give your full and undivided attention to the task at hand. (Phil 3:12-14, Luke 9:62).
But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of men, the things which God hath prepared for those who love Him.”(2Cor 2:9).
For whoever that has given his entirety to chase after God, there are rewards.
- God chasers are the people the world looks after for solutions (Dan 2:46-47).
- God chasers are people perceiving the real truth and fact about what is not revealed to the human senses and theory(I Cor 1:21 ).
- God chasers are operate in supernatural wisdom of God (2Chro. 26:15).
- They are source of light for the world (Isaiah 60:1).
- They are pertinent to the things of the kingdom of God(1Chro. 12:32).
- God chasers are dangerous to work against because God fights on their behalf always (Psalm 105:15).
- They are always exceptional among their fellows (Dan 1:21).
- God chasers are not being popular at times but purposeful for kingdom of God (Luke 10:1-23)
There is no age limit to being a God chaser (1Sam 17:42; 2Chr 34:1-2; 1Tim 1:1-2).
Those that will bring the kingdom of God to this generation are the God chasers, God is looking for those that will passionately chase after him (Gen 4:17).